Sometimes we’ll hear from our customers after they’ve signed up and they’ll write something like, “If we would have know it was this easy to get started, we would have started a long time ago.”
This has got us thinking. Perhaps we should write out what it takes to get a Mac mini in a data center. Here are the steps.
- If you decide to go with Macminicolo.net, you can visit our signup page. There you can choose while options you’d like for your machine.
- Once you’ve filled in your information and pressed submit, you will receive your network information (e.g. ip address) and the shipping address in an email.
- You can then build your Mac mini at home just how you’d like it to run. We also offer a e-book on initial settings for a Mac server. When you’re finished with your setup, lastly change the network settings to the ip address we’ve given you.
- Send it to the Macminicolo data center.
- We’ll receive the machine, get it installed and powered up and let you know it’s ready. You are then able to control the machine however you’ve set it up. (Usually Screen Sharing or Apple Remote Desktop.
That is pretty much the extent of it.
Or, to make it even easier, you can buy the machine thru Macminicolo. It’ll take about one business day for us to get the machine, set it up in our data center, and then hand over control to you. You can then change any passwords/users that you want to change.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.